If You Build It, They Won’t Come
President Trump is under attack for wanting to keep our country safe by securing our borders. He is accused of being a heartless racist because he wants to keep disease, drugs, weapons, terrorists, and gang members out of America. In my opinion, President Trump should be applauded for standing firm and demanding strict border security.
For decades, elected representatives from both political parties have PURPOSELY failed to secure our borders for personal gain. They got rich by taking money from lobbyists who represent special interest groups that benefit from open borders. Our government put men on the moon and built a massive interstate highway system, but can’t seem to secure our borders? Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Thank God President Trump has the will. He cares about our future and our safety, as ALL our representatives should!
Congress and the president have the explicit responsibility of ensuring our national security. They swear an oath to support and defend the Constitution and the rule of law. That means they are required to keep us safe. Since Congress won’t cooperate, President Trump will have to go it alone. Here is my border security proposal to the president:
· Declare a state of emergency and halt all immigration. This has been done before to allow for proper assimilation.
· Sign an executive order and deploy the U.S. military on the southern border.
· Use funds already allocated for the military to construct a physical barrier along the entire length of the Mexican border. Use dozens of layers of concertina wire in a pyramid fashion as the barrier. Rig the barrier with alarms and sensors to deter and detect breaches.
· Install sensors in the ground behind the barrier to detect anyone trying to tunnel under or vault over the barrier.
· Increase the number of border patrol officers and use armed response teams to patrol the border and respond to alarm activations.
· Use drones and satellites to maintain surveillance over danger zones. Use armed helicopters to back-up ground forces in case of hostilities.
If this sounds like a military operation, you’re right. This is how the Air Force secures nuclear weapons on air bases. These security measures ensure the protection of nukes. These same measures will ensure the protection of Americans! May God bless you and the United States of America!